Airtightness and thermal efficiency for roofing and cladding systems
This RIBA accredited CPD has been developed to provide an understanding of the principles of metal roofing and cladding systems, what advantages they bring and some key considerations when detailing these projects. It will demonstrate the important role properly designed austenitic stainless steel fasteners have in creating thermally efficient and airtight metal clad buildings.
Key topics include:
- Thermal Efficiency & Airtightness – The Need for improvement
- Part L legislation- The Airtight Test / The Smoke test – the required performance and an overview of a building that has failed a smoke test.
- Achieving Airtightness – How fasteners and sealants can assist in achieving the best results
- Corrosion Issues – The importance of R5 and A4 (316) Austenitic Stainless Steel Fasteners
- Design Life Requirements – the importance of warranted manufactured fasteners to meet system warranty requirements.
- Technical Support – What a fastener manufacturer should offer in terms of correct technical support for client, designer, engineer and installer.