NVELOPE® NV CFB 12
An advanced open state cavity fire barrier for ventilated cavities up to 450mm
Utilises an high performance intumescent seal fixed to a high density mineral wool backer which offer extended performance over and above CFB 6. It is mechanically fixed and usually orientated horizontally.
- 120 minutes integrity and 120 minutes insulation
- Maintains a maximum 25mm air gap
- Up to 300mm cavities
- Simple installation
- Weather-proof and age tested
ApprovalsThe product is extensively tested and SFS will have access to a range of test certficates tested to and in accordance with the principles of:
- BS EN 1363-1 :2020 - Fire Resistance Tests -General Requirements
- EOTA TR31 - Fire Resistance Tests for Cavity Barriers - Edition 2008
- ASFP* TGD 019 - Fire resistance test for ‘open-state‘ cavity barriers used in the external envelope or fabric of buildings
Safety at the forefrontPassive cavity fire barriers are an accepted method to support the achievement of fire safety requirements. These functional requirements are defined within UK Building Regulations and further practical guidance is described within ADB. Strategies to remediate at risk buildings are latterly considering passive fire control, including cavity fire breaks, in addition to the façade panel and insulation.
Cavities in the construction of a building provide a ready route for the spread of smoke and flame, which can present a greater danger as any spread is concealed.
Fixings for Cavity Fire BarriersFor Barrier Brackets
Fasteners for concrete/brick/block substrate (Sleeveled option)
For Direct Fix