NH3 Rainscreen Subframe System
NH3 is the NVELOPE® subframe system used to support vertical elements.
NH3 is the NVELOPE® horizontal bracket system suited for face fixed narrow vertical panels.
- This product allows horizontal L profiles to be directly inserted into the brackets.
- The bracket is secured to the substrate; either steel frame, block work, or timber. The horizontal slot of the bracket is then ready to receive an L or lipped L rail.
- The L and lipped L rail can be adjusted for line and level and secured using fixed and sliding points positioned to allow for expansion and contraction.
- This system is suitable for face fixed applications.
NVELOPE® NH3 is the system used to support vertical elements, allowing for varied façade design options. NVELOPE® NH3 is the system used to support vertical elements, allowing for varied façade design options. It is also supported by the SFS range of fasteners. Specifically designed to speed up and simplify the installation process, NH3 is also included within the Project Builder estimating tool.
MaterialThe selection of materials to use in the construction of a subframe system within a rainscreen façade is of paramount importance. Material choice can also affect the thermal performance of the overall rainscreen in addition to engineering assurance.
- Aluminium subframe systems for rainscreen are designed in accordance with BS EN 1090-3:2008 and / or Euro code 9 – Parts 1-4
- Aluminum is the second most widely used metal after iron and as such has a robust and well defined UK and international supply chain
- Its low weight and high strength ratio and simplicity of fabrication either on site or within a manufacturing setting ensures it is an ideal material with which to create high performance rainscreen subframe systems for cladding applications.
- Aluminium is inherently corrosion resistant however this can be complemented and further improved by additional treatment including anodization whilst still maintaining a Euroclass A1 fire rating.
- NVELOPE systems only use the superior 6005 T6 alloy which provides superior strength and performance over and above other commonly used aluminum.
- Stainless steel subframe bracket systems for rainscreen are designed in accordance with BS EN 1090-3:2008 and / or Euro code 3 – Table 5.1
- NVELOPE stainless steel brackets are only manufactured from a superior 316 grade of alloy to provide an outstanding level of resistance to localised corrosion such as maritime and polluted areas.
SustainabilitySustainability is a key factor in the design of any building. Identifying the right material from a sustainable manufacturer with a credible supply chain and responsible sourcing is crucial. At SFS:
- The aluminium we manufacture from is 100% recyclable
- The alloy we use is made from 100% re-melted material
- 6063 alloy as used by many other sub frame manufacturers' can only utilise 40% recycled scap due to global shortages.
- CO2 production as a consequence of extrusion alone estimated at 0.35 - 0.5Kg per Kg currently.