NS1 is the NVELOPE® system with an aluminium frame construction using stainless steel fixings. Due to the character of the system on site modification can be easily achieved.
NVELOPE Soffit system is suitable for face fixed, with a maximum panel weight of 75kg/m2. Often soffits are not insulated but if thermal bridging is an issue flat plastic isolators can be supplied to stop thermal bridging and bimetallic corrosion. NVELOPE T rails are fixed to the bottom of the down standing L rails where panel joints occur; available in; 80mm, 100mm, 120mm and 140mm face widths. L rail support for intermediate and end positions. NVELOPE hold extensive stock of the L60-40-2.2 and T rails that they can cut in house resulting in quick delivery to site. This system can be used to create sloping soffits by special cutting to suit the angle.
- An applicable drop zone (distance from floor slab to back of panel) for this application is between 120mm – 1000mm. The soffit application can be fixed to; steel frame, timber frame or concrete substrates.
- Depending on; the drop down zone, wind load and panel weight some soffits will need a brace bar intermittently within the cladding support system. This brace-bar can be cut out of L rail. (Please seek advice from our technical team).
- The System is prominently composed of NVELOPE's L60-40-2.2 Rail, this is available in 6, 3, 4.85 meter lengths but is cut to bespoke size depending on the soffit zone and design. The length of the down standing L rail absorbs the expansion and contraction of the soffit panel.
MaterialThe selection of materials to use in the construction of a subframe system within a rainscreen façade is of paramount importance. Material choice can also affect the thermal performance of the overall rainscreen in addition to engineering assurance.
- Aluminium subframe systems for rainscreen are designed in accordance with BS EN 1090-3:2008 and / or Euro code 9 – Parts 1-4
- Aluminum is the second most widely used metal after iron and as such has a robust and well defined UK and international supply chain
- Its low weight and high strength ratio and simplicity of fabrication either on site or within a manufacturing setting ensures it is an ideal material with which to create high performance rainscreen subframe systems for cladding applications.
- Aluminium is inherently corrosion resistant however this can be complemented and further improved by additional treatment including anodization whilst still maintaining a Euroclass A1 fire rating.
- NVELOPE systems only use the superior 6005 T6 alloy which provides superior strength and performance over and above other commonly used aluminum.
SustainabilitySustainability is a key factor in the design of any building. Identifying the right material from a sustainable manufacturer with a credible supply chain and responsible sourcing is crucial. At SFS:
- The aluminium we manufacture from is 100% recyclable
- The alloy we use is made from 100% re-melted material
- 6063 alloy as used by many other sub frame manufacturers' can only utilise 40% recycled scap due to global shortages.
- CO2 production as a consequence of extrusion alone estimated at 0.35 - 0.5Kg per Kg currently.