NS1 Rainscreen Subframe System
NS1 is the NVELOPE® system with an aluminium frame construction using stainless steel fixings - due to the character of the system on site modification can be easily achieved
NVELOPE Soffit system is suitable for face fixed, with a maximum panel weight of 75kg/m2. Often soffits are not insulated but if thermal bridging is an issue flat plastic isolators can be supplied to stop thermal bridging and bimetallic corrosion. NVELOPE T rails are fixed to the bottom of the down standing L rails where panel joints occur; available in; 80mm, 100mm, 120mm and 140mm face widths. L rail support for intermediate and end positions. NVELOPE hold extensive stock of the L60-40-2.2 and T rails that they can cut in house resulting in quick delivery to site. This system can be used to create sloping soffits by special cutting to suit the angle.
- An applicable drop zone (distance from floor slab to back of panel) for this application is between 120mm – 1000mm. The soffit application can be fixed to; steel frame, timber frame or concrete substrates.
- Depending on; the drop down zone, wind load and panel weight some soffits will need a brace bar intermittently within the cladding support system. This brace-bar can be cut out of L rail. (Please seek advice from our technical team).
- The System is prominently composed of NVELOPE's L60-40-2.2 Rail, this is available in 6, 3, 4.85 meter lengths but is cut to bespoke size depending on the soffit zone and design. The length of the down standing L rail absorbs the expansion and contraction of the soffit panel.
MaterialThe selection of materials to use in the construction of a subframe system within a rainscreen façade is of paramount importance. Material choice can also affect the thermal performance of the overall rainscreen in addition to engineering assurance.
- Aluminium subframe systems for rainscreen are designed in accordance with BS EN 1090-3:2008 and / or Euro code 9 – Parts 1-4
- Aluminum is the second most widely used metal after iron and as such has a robust and well defined UK and international supply chain
- Its low weight and high strength ratio and simplicity of fabrication either on site or within a manufacturing setting ensures it is an ideal material with which to create high performance rainscreen subframe systems for cladding applications.
- Aluminium is inherently corrosion resistant however this can be complemented and further improved by additional treatment including anodization whilst still maintaining a Euroclass A1 fire rating.
- NVELOPE systems only use the superior 6005 T6 alloy which provides superior strength and performance over and above other commonly used aluminum.
SustainabilitySustainability is a key factor in the design of any building. Identifying the right material from a sustainable manufacturer with a credible supply chain and responsible sourcing is crucial. At SFS:
- The aluminium we manufacture from is 100% recyclable
- The alloy we use is made from 100% re-melted material
- 6063 alloy as used by many other sub frame manufacturers' can only utilise 40% recycled scap due to global shortages.
- CO2 production as a consequence of extrusion alone estimated at 0.35 - 0.5Kg per Kg currently.