NV10 Rainscreen Subframe System
NV10 is the NVELOPE® subframe system suitable for offsite/factory fixed application of face fixed or concealed fixed plank panelling
NV10 is the NVELOPE system is suitable for off-site/factory fixed application of face fixed or concealed fixed plank panelling. As with all of the NVELOPE systems NV10 begins with NV1; 60 X 40 L profile running vertically, fixed into the helping hand bracket with an SDA5 screw. We have helping hand brackets that are available for any substrate. The NV3 rail is then secured horizontally to the L profile, ready to receive the NV3 hangers.
FeaturesFaçade panels are fixed to the NV10 vertical rail (standard 3m lengths, can be cut to size before delivery or on site), using either of the following three methods; face fixed with a rivet, structurally bonded using Sika adhesive and tape or a secret mechanical fixing using a TUF rivet through the NV10 vertical rail. As the panels are secured to a hanging system separately from the support frame; this system lends itself to off-site or factory application. This is beneficial if using the Sika adhesive as this form of application is weather dependant.
NV3 hangers are secured to the back of the vertical NV10 rail, this can be done off-site. The NV3 hangers, hang onto the horizontal NV3 rail on-site. The range of adjustment within the helping hand bracket allows for level and adjustment between the substrate and the support system; while the adjustment screw on the top hangers are designed to allows for final alignment and adjustment.
The NV10 system can also be used to create sizeable (to suit site conditions) façade panels from plank format cladding. Individual planks are fitted in panel form and any width of plank can be catered for. The number of anchors and hangers are adjusted to suit wind speeds and weight of the built up panel.
The NV10 system is composed of standard off the shelf components resulting in rapid delivery and these components are quick and easy to install.
- NVELOPE 'L' profiles are fixed using NVELOPE support brackets, fixed through a series of fixed and sliding points.
- NVELOPE bracket spacing is determined by cladding options such as the dimensions and weight of the façade cladding, local wind loads.
- NVELOPE fixed point brackets absorb both vertical dead loads.
- NVELOPE sliding point brackets absorb both wind loading and allow for expansion and contraction.
MaterialThe selection of materials to use in the construction of a subframe system within a rainscreen façade is of paramount importance. Material choice can also affect the thermal performance of the overall rainscreen in addition to engineering assurance.
- Aluminium subframe systems for rainscreen are designed in accordance with BS EN 1090-3:2008 and / or Euro code 9 – Parts 1-4
- Aluminum is the second most widely used metal after iron and as such has a robust and well defined UK and international supply chain
- Its low weight and high strength ratio and simplicity of fabrication either on site or within a manufacturing setting ensures it is an ideal material with which to create high performance rainscreen subframe systems for cladding applications.
- Aluminium is inherently corrosion resistant however this can be complemented and further improved by additional treatment including anodization whilst still maintaining a Euroclass A1 fire rating.
- NVELOPE systems only use the superior 6005 T6 alloy which provides superior strength and performance over and above other commonly used aluminum.
- Stainless steel subframe bracket systems for rainscreen are designed in accordance with BS EN 1090-3:2008 and / or Euro code 3 – Table 5.1
- NVELOPE stainless steel brackets are only manufactured from a superior 316 grade of alloy to provide an outstanding level of resistance to localised corrosion such as maritime and polluted areas.
SustainabilitySustainability is a key factor in the design of any building. Identifying the right material from a sustainable manufacturer with a credible supply chain and responsible sourcing is crucial. At SFS:
- The aluminium we manufacture from is 100% recyclable
- The alloy we use is made from 100% re-melted material
- 6063 alloy as used by many other sub frame manufacturers' can only utilise 40% recycled scap due to global shortages.
- CO2 production as a consequence of extrusion alone estimated at 0.35 - 0.5Kg per Kg currently.