NV3 Rainscreen Subframe System
NV3 is the NVELOPE® subframe system suitable for concealed fix/mechanically secret fixed applications
NV3 elements – high-pressure laminate (HPL), ceramic, thin stone including fibre cement. Horizontal NVELOPE channel profiles are fixed to the vertical profiles. Rainscreen panels are hung from and secured with hangers.
- NV3 is the NVELOPE subframe system for concealed fix/mechanically secret fixed applications.
- Secured using hangers and TUF rivets to enable a concealed fix.
- Horizontal NVELOPE profiles are fixed to the vertical profiles. Rainscreen panels are supported by and secured to the horizontal profiles with hangers and adjustable hangers.
- NVELOPE 'L' profiles are fixed using NVELOPE support brackets, fixed through a series of fixed and sliding points.
- NVELOPE fixed point brackets absorb both vertical dead loads.
- NVELOPE bracket spacing is determined by cladding options such as the dimensions and weight of the façade cladding, local wind loads.
- NVELOPE flexible point brackets absorb wind loading and allow for expansion and contraction.
MaterialThe selection of materials to use in the construction of a subframe system within a rainscreen façade is of paramount importance. Material choice can also affect the thermal performance of the overall rainscreen in addition to engineering assurance.
- Aluminium subframe systems for rainscreen are designed in accordance with BS EN 1090-3:2008 and / or Euro code 9 – Parts 1-4
- Aluminum is the second most widely used metal after iron and as such has a robust and well defined UK and international supply chain
- Its low weight and high strength ratio and simplicity of fabrication either on site or within a manufacturing setting ensures it is an ideal material with which to create high performance rainscreen subframe systems for cladding applications.
- Aluminium is inherently corrosion resistant however this can be complemented and further improved by additional treatment including anodization whilst still maintaining a Euroclass A1 fire rating.
- NVELOPE systems only use the superior 6005 T6 alloy which provides superior strength and performance over and above other commonly used aluminum.
- Stainless steel subframe bracket systems for rainscreen are designed in accordance with BS EN 1090-3:2008 and / or Euro code 3 – Table 5.1
- NVELOPE stainless steel brackets are only manufactured from a superior 316 grade of alloy to provide an outstanding level of resistance to localised corrosion such as maritime and polluted areas.
SustainabilitySustainability is a key factor in the design of any building. Identifying the right material from a sustainable manufacturer with a credible supply chain and responsible sourcing is crucial. At SFS:
- The aluminium we manufacture from is 100% recyclable
- The alloy we use is made from 100% re-melted material
- 6063 alloy as used by many other sub frame manufacturers' can only utilise 40% recycled scap due to global shortages.
- CO2 production as a consequence of extrusion alone estimated at 0.35 - 0.5Kg per Kg currently.