NV6 Rainscreen Subframe System
NV6 is the NVELOPE® subframe system suitable for supporting a timber batten/hybrid
NV6 is the NVELOPE subframe system suitable for supporting a timber batten/Hybrid. Suitable for supporting vertical or horizontal timber or cement weatherboarding. Panels may then be attached to support other materials, e.g. copper and zinc.
- NV6 is the NVELOPE subframe system suitable for supporting a timber batten (to support vertical and/or horizontal cladding elements).
- Timber batten can be used to support timber cladding/weatherboarding and ply.
- NVELOPE fixed and sliding points located on the NV6 adapters allow for expansion and contraction.
- NVELOPE bracket spacing is determined by cladding options such as the dimensions and weight of the facade cladding, local wind loads.
- Vertical timber cladding: vertical timber battens are supported with NVELOPE carriers brackets fixed back to NVELOPE support brackets.
- Horizontal timber cladding: vertical timber bearers are supported with NVELOPE carriers fixed back to NVELOPE support brackets, then counter battened.
MaterialThe selection of materials to use in the construction of a subframe system within a rainscreen façade is of paramount importance. Material choice can also affect the thermal performance of the overall rainscreen in addition to engineering assurance.
- Aluminium subframe systems for rainscreen are designed in accordance with BS EN 1090-3:2008 and / or Euro code 9 – Parts 1-4
- Aluminum is the second most widely used metal after iron and as such has a robust and well defined UK and international supply chain
- Its low weight and high strength ratio and simplicity of fabrication either on site or within a manufacturing setting ensures it is an ideal material with which to create high performance rainscreen subframe systems for cladding applications.
- Aluminium is inherently corrosion resistant however this can be complemented and further improved by additional treatment including anodization whilst still maintaining a Euroclass A1 fire rating.
- NVELOPE systems only use the superior 6005 T6 alloy which provides superior strength and performance over and above other commonly used aluminum.
- Stainless steel subframe bracket systems for rainscreen are designed in accordance with BS EN 1090-3:2008 and / or Euro code 3 – Table 5.1
- NVELOPE stainless steel brackets are only manufactured from a superior 316 grade of alloy to provide an outstanding level of resistance to localised corrosion such as maritime and polluted areas.
SustainabilitySustainability is a key factor in the design of any building. Identifying the right material from a sustainable manufacturer with a credible supply chain and responsible sourcing is crucial. At SFS:
- The aluminium we manufacture from is 100% recyclable
- The alloy we use is made from 100% re-melted material
- 6063 alloy as used by many other sub frame manufacturers' can only utilise 40% recycled scap due to global shortages.
- CO2 production as a consequence of extrusion alone estimated at 0.35 - 0.5Kg per Kg currently.