NV7 Rainscreen Subframe System
NV7 is the NVELOPE® subframe system suitable for supporting cassettes
NV7 is the NVELOPE subframe system suitable for concealed fix cassette (ACM / zinc / aluminium).
- NV7 is the NVELOPE system for concealed fix cassette (ACM / zinc / aluminium).
- Secured using cassette hangers to provide a concealed fixing.
- NVELOPE sliding point brackets absorb wind loading and allow for expansion and contraction.
- NVELOPE fixed point brackets absorb both vertical dead loads.
- NVELOPE bracket spacing is determined by cladding options such as the dimensions and weight of the facade cladding, local wind loads.
MaterialThe selection of materials to use in the construction of a subframe system within a rainscreen façade is of paramount importance. Material choice can also affect the thermal performance of the overall rainscreen in addition to engineering assurance.
- Aluminium subframe systems for rainscreen are designed in accordance with BS EN 1090-3:2008 and / or Euro code 9 – Parts 1-4
- Aluminum is the second most widely used metal after iron and as such has a robust and well defined UK and international supply chain
- Its low weight and high strength ratio and simplicity of fabrication either on site or within a manufacturing setting ensures it is an ideal material with which to create high performance rainscreen subframe systems for cladding applications.
- Aluminium is inherently corrosion resistant however this can be complemented and further improved by additional treatment including anodization whilst still maintaining a Euroclass A1 fire rating.
- NVELOPE systems only use the superior 6005 T6 alloy which provides superior strength and performance over and above other commonly used aluminum.
- Stainless steel subframe bracket systems for rainscreen are designed in accordance with BS EN 1090-3:2008 and / or Euro code 3 – Table 5.1
- NVELOPE stainless steel brackets are only manufactured from a superior 316 grade of alloy to provide an outstanding level of resistance to localised corrosion such as maritime and polluted areas.
SustainabilitySustainability is a key factor in the design of any building. Identifying the right material from a sustainable manufacturer with a credible supply chain and responsible sourcing is crucial. At SFS:
- The aluminium we manufacture from is 100% recyclable
- The alloy we use is made from 100% re-melted material
- 6063 alloy as used by many other sub frame manufacturers' can only utilise 40% recycled scap due to global shortages.
- CO2 production as a consequence of extrusion alone estimated at 0.35 - 0.5Kg per Kg currently.