Hinge technology: Design, function and compliance
This RIBA accredited CPD has been developed to provide a better understanding of the important role the hinge plays within the functionality of the door set. It reviews all the key elements of the building regulations the performance of the hinge needs to consider including Approved Document A, B, M and Q. It also emphasises that a hinge can meet all these key criteria without being detrimental to the buildings aesthetic.
Key topics include:
- The role of a hinge within a doorset
- Compliance with Building Regulations for internal applications
- Aesthetics – why compromise?
- Installation and maintenance
- Building life cycle into the specification
- The importance of meaningful Warranties
- Security and Secured by Design